As part of the Cyber Security Technologist apprenticeship, you'll help to detect and defend against cyber threats. You'll also develop an understanding of fundamental cyber security theory, techniques, risk analysis and law.
You'll focus on the theory, but more importantly, you'll get real world experience with practical, hands-on learning. You'll also learn a lot about teamwork and be at the cutting edge of modern cyber security.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Assisting with our Security Operations and Cyber Threat Intelligence capability to pro-actively detect malicious activity and cyber-risk
- Helping with the development of policies and guides
- Assisting with security training and awareness, including phishing simulation testing
- Conducting threat assessments and penetration tests
- Cyber-risk management work
- Monitor the IT infrastructure assessing for threats
- Put plans and measures in place e.g., firewalls, passwords, and encryption to combat a security breach
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Good all-round technical knowledge of IT systems and networking
- Good all-round technical knowledge of information security concepts and cyber threats
- Highly motivated individual with the drive to learn and succeed
- Ability to read and absorb complex information from various sources (books, online)
- Able to effectively challenge, negotiate and influence
- Confident working with technology
- A passion for technology and cybersecurity
- Proactive with an organised and methodical approach, operating with pace, enthusiasm, and creativity
5 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including English Language and maths.Future prospects
The role offers long-term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.