- Migrating and upgrading legacy systems to the latest frameworks, designing and deploying new software modules and complete bespoke customer designed systems
- Predominantly working on Web based projects and once established, the potential branching off into developing Mobile applications which link to our Web Systems
This Level 4 apprenticeship scheme will enable you to develop on your technical skills and give you the necessary commercial practical experience to supplement your qualification.
- Extend and improve existing system architecture and codebase
- Perform research, design, coding and testing in accordance with the company's standards and OWASP/ ISO27001 best practices/policies
- Analysing requirements to design solutions
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- A passion and motivation for Software Engineering and creating high-quality and resilient software
- Basic knowledge of C#/.NET, SQL and other computer languages for writing efficient, reliable and intuitive code
- An understanding and appreciation for the practical use of APIs. Working knowledge of API's would be a huge advantage
- An engineering mind-set, with a curious and innovative yet structured approach to solving problems
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud or Azure
- Exposure to Data Management techniques - modelling, extraction, cleansing and manipulation - would be a bonus
- Attention to detail
- Punctual and driven
- first class communication skills - both written and verbal
- Great team working skills
- Well organised, show initiative
- Work to strict deadlines and work effectively under pressure
- Level 3 Software apprenticeship, or
- A Level in a STEM subject (within the Technology and Maths fields only) and successful completion of our Aptitude Test, or
- BTEC Diploma in IT and successful completion of our Aptitude Test, or
- A minimum of 12 months of experience within the last 24 months or 18 months in the last 36 months in an IT role.
Specific roles that are acceptable are:
- IT Support roles e.g. Help Desk, First line
- Software testing or any work that utilises basic coding
- Any other technical job that uses IT equipment or software
- Any data analytics or reporting related role
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme. The learners would still be required to successfully pass the Aptitude Test at first attempt.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position, which will include a pay increase in line with experience gained and qualification achieved.Things to consider
Additional Info (Holidays):
- 28 days of paid holiday per year which includes 8 days of statutory holiday entitlement
- Untaken holidays will be paid
- The holiday year runs from 1st January to 31st December and calculated on a pro-rata basis
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.