What will the apprentice be doing?
· Manage the buying team ensuring targets are identified and met
· Ensure that supply base has the capability to meet requirements
· Negotiate with suppliers for best price whilst maintaining product integrity and standards in production
· Understand and contribute towards brand and product handwriting
· Ensure that agreed levels of good, better and best product are bought
· Review competitor activity and ensure customer / competitor benchmarking completed
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will achieve a Buying and merchandising assistant, Level 4 (Higher national certificate) and progress to the next level of qualification if desired.
You will gain a Buying and merchandising assistant, Level 4 (Higher national certificate) qualification.
This will be delivered in the workplace in conjunction with your assessor coach and our training partner Northern Training Academy
You will receive monthly visits from your coach and have ongoing support.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On completion of qualification you will move to the next level of management qualification
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness
GCSE or equivalent Maths , English (Grade 3-7) Desired
Things to consider
Some supervisory experience preferred