What will the apprentice be doing?
The Business Tax Assistant Apprentice main duties include:
· Completing corporation tax returns for clients
· Assisting the team with tax advice in areas such as Research & Development Tax Credits, Capital Allowances, Business reorganisations & structuring, Share Plans
· Supporting the development of new proposals to clients and onboarding
· Supporting the VAT team in providing advice and working with clients
· Assisting the team in both compliance and advisory issues
· Corresponding with clients and HMRC
· Various other ad-hoc duties as required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Support will be provided towards completion of the ATT qualification as an apprentice. The training is provided by Kaplan or Tolley at their Leeds based centre and typically takes place for a couple of days every few weeks.
There are 6 exams in total, 3 of which are self-study e-assessments. Students complete the three full exams one at a time, with exam sittings in May or November each year. The qualification is completed over a period of 18 months to 2 years.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon qualifying students could potentially move on to complete a level 7 Apprenticeship, being either CTA or ACA. For students who choose not to continue their studies they will still have the opportunity to progress and develop within the role.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Team working
A Level or equivalent English (Grade C minimum) Desired
A Level or equivalent Maths (Grade C minimum) Desired