RF Graduate Engineer, Bristol
Our Radio-Frequency (RF) department works on projects that cover the whole product lifecycle from research and development through to full product design and production. The role covers Radio-Frequency Systems & Datalinks technologies with applications including systems design work, hardware and firmware.
You will be able to perform highly scientific technical investigations, provide problem assessments and design solutions within a culture of innovative thinking.
What's the opportunity?
You will develop expertise in innovative RF systems, communications and datalinks, and how these interact with other subsystems to form part of the wider missile system. Hands-on testing, integrating and designing industry leading hardware and system components.
You will gain an understanding in the following areas:
- A variety of radio frequency subsystems including data communications; radars and radio altimeters, typically operating between 1 and 18GHz.
- Specification and assessment of RF products to support development, production and in-service programmes via interaction with UK and European colleagues and suppliers
- Development, procurement, parameterisation, verification and/or validation of complex hardware performance models (e.g. Matlab, Simulink or similar)
- Monitoring supplier and technology roadmaps and identifying innovative and future technologies for investment
- Research and design activities in collaboration with French, Italian and/or German colleagues
What you'll get from joining the team:
- Work with experienced technologists offering you support and guidance
- Interaction with other departments across the wider technical community including external customers and suppliers
- Learn from a team of highly skilled and versatile engineers and physicists with a broad mixture of technical expertise and experience.
- Everyone in the team is friendly, approachable and willing to help whenever necessary
- Opportunity to apply university learning to our projects and impact their direction
- Thought-provoking, innovative and rewarding tasks
- See projects at different phases of the product lifecycle
- Varied and stimulating work, from computational modelling through to lab and field trials
- Access to training courses about all the various subsystems and technologies within MBDA
- Excellent opportunities for personal development
Degree qualified (minimum 2:2) in any relevant applied physics, electronics or engineering degree
Good communication and presentation skills
A passion for applying your university learning to real-world engineering and technology projects
Why choose us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.