Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling, owning and using cars easier for everyone. With our technology, market intelligence, and products and services, Cox Automotive simplifies the trusted exchange and mobility of vehicles and maximizes value for dealers, manufacturers and car shoppers.
Except for manufacturing vehicles and disposing of them, one of the more than 25 Cox Automotive brands reaches every aspect of car acquisition, retail, ownership and use.
Technology services and support for business change and transformation activities in Cox Automotive (UK) are provided by the business’s Enterprise Technology function. Within this capability, the Enterprise Architecture team has a key role supporting business and product strategy development and then translating desired outcomes into operating models, roadmaps and deliverable business and technology solutions. The EA team works closely with other Enterprise Technology teams such as Portfolio, Delivery and Service. It also operates across the wider business in both a business and technology context and engages directly with suppliers and customers.
Predominantly focused on business analysis but also with a sound understanding of technology and product principles, the Business Analyst is a key member of the Business Architecture team. The role delivers a portfolio of requirements, business processes, and analysis across the business and in support of our client base. This includes business and technology support, requirements capture, technology, business process advice, and design services.
- Supports in the scoping, capture & analysis of business requirements and design of business and technology solutions that meet the requirements.
- Excellent problem-solving and thinking, working with Architects and Business Analysts to design solutions that meet the requirements of the business.
- Capturing and documentation of business requirements in the form of Requirement Catalogues / Traceability Matrix, Requirement Definition Documents, user stories or BPM compliant process maps.
- Completes current and future state process mapping
- Supports in the creation of business cases
- Completes impact assessments for tier 3 initiatives
- Acts as the face to the Operational business units and external customers for technology and business change initiatives.
- Supports in the assurance that there is a business perspective on how any new technical capability will be integrated into the business, including change management, planning, customer migration and the ongoing communication with stakeholders throughout the programme/project.
- Supports Test teams and business units with UAT and operational change acceptance and training.
- Problem-solving skills
- Written and verbal skills
- Good attention to detail
- Good presentation skills
- A degree in Business or in a Business related programme e.g. Finance, Economics, Maths etc., or
- Non Business related Degree + at-least 6 months of work experience*, or
- Existing Staff member with 2+ years of work experience*, or
- Level 3 Qualification + at-least 12 months of work experience* & Robust On-boarding plan (learner must work in the organisation for 3 months before sign up)*
- Retail jobs - Sales Advisors, Team leaders, Customer Service
- Customer Service across any sector – large or small organisations.
- HR function jobs
- Office Administration/Assistant/Trainee
- Any role that involves working in a team, processing data, face to face and email communications
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications. Find out more here.
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
9am-5:30pm (hybrid working)
37.5hrs per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
You will be paid £384.62 per week whilst in your apprenticeship.
- High street voucher discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- 33 days holiday including BH
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice to join a Global Leader. This post can lead to a permanent position upon successful completion.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.