Our aim is to offer a product that helps ease the financial and emotional stress on all families when a loved one passes. We understand that it can be difficult for families to talk about death, but we feel families need to have that conversation.
When a loved one passes, the family who remains are blindsided by grief, but with a prepaid funeral plan, your wishes and those difficult family decisions are taken care of. Plus, financially your family will be protected against any large funeral costs.
We use C#, .NET, HTML, CSS, TSQL, SSRS, SSIS, and a little PHP, all of which will likely form some part of the role, but we are keenest on someone with an interest in C# and .NET.
We are looking for someone who has exposure to software development, either self-taught or a Bootcamp graduate. We are looking for someone who has a real passion for all things tech and has a real aptitude for problem-solving.
- Reviewing the current code base, tidying up as well as suggesting and implementing improvements to the code.
- Maintain and improve current features within the system
- Supporting major and minor system developments
- Work with other departments within the business to scope out future development work
- Review current processes and make suggestions on alternative ways to achieve our goals
- Researching new technologies, and looking how we can use them to improve our systems
- Creating and maintain SSIS packages
- Creating and maintaining TSQL stored procedures
- Help to document the current systems
- Other IT related tasks as required
- The successful candidate will require the ability to communicate effectively with key stakeholders within the business.
- Experience of working to deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Good presentation skills
- Level 3 Software apprenticeship, or
- A Level in a STEM subject (within the Technology and Maths fields only) and successful completion of our
- Aptitude Test, or
- BTEC Diploma in IT and successful completion of our Aptitude Test, or
A minimum of 12 months of experience within the last 24 months or 18 months in the last 36 months in an IT role. Specific roles that are acceptable are:
- IT Support roles e.g. Help Desk, First line
- Software testing or any work that utilises basic coding
- Any other technical job that uses IT equipment or software
- Any data analytics or reporting related role
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance, you could still be considered for the programme. The learners would still be required to successfully pass the Aptitude Test at first attempt.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications. Find out more here.
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
35hrs per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
You will be paid £307.69 - £384 per week whilst in your apprenticeship.
A bit about the training:
- We are partnering with QA ltd and the successful candidate will access the level 4 software engineering apprenticeship. The 18-month course will support with a mix of live sessions and access to our award-winning 'cloud academy' which is the learner platform of choice for some of the top tech businesses in the UK including the likes of Microsoft and Apple.
- The course will cover the following content, Introduction to Software Development, Building Responsive Web Applications, Automation and Software Quality, Design and DevOps, Software Craft & Microservices, and APIs.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice to join a Global Leader. This post can lead to a permanent position upon successful completion.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.