John Grose are one of East Anglia's longest-established, privately-owned motor dealer groups with numerous awards and accolades for outstanding customer satisfaction and performance.
Our rental operation has expanded significantly over the past twenty years and now comprises a fleet of over 150 cars and vans available for both daily and long-term hire.
Operating out of our Ford showroom on Ransomes Europark, the rental team is an integral part of the John Grose business, providing an exceptional experience to both internal and external customers.
As a Graduate Management Trainee, you'll have the opportunity to learn the operational aspects of the department, including:
- Managing a team of part and full-time colleagues
- Overseeing our fleet of cars and van, ensuring all maintenance schedules and regulatory requirements are adhered to correctly
- The day-to-day operation of the department, ensuring all processes and procedures are followed
- Dealing with customers in a friendly and professional manner, maintaining our reputation for outstanding customer service
- Recruiting, inducting and training new employees to the business
- Continuing the growth and success of the department
As your development and learning progresses, so do the opportunities open to you. You may choose to remain within the rental operation, or you may consider other career paths available within our Group, for example sales, aftersales, parts, accounts, HR or marketing. The majority of our senior Managers have benefitted from our 'promote-from-within' culture.
The automotive world is evolving at a pace, so successful candidates will not only need the traditional communication skills, but also to embrace the latest technology. Being well-organised with a flexible outlook and good numeracy and literacy skills is essential, as is excellent attention to detail and being able to prioritise and manage deadlines.
Most important is the ability to work and communicate well with both colleagues and customers; a 'can-do' attitude is absolutely critical.
For us, the right attitude and a determination to help our business develop and succeed are more important than previous experience and we welcome applicants who can demonstrate the right mindset and are looking for a diverse and engaging career opportunity in the motor industry.
The successful candidate will be supported with full training. The role is full-time and hours are typically five days per week, Monday to Saturday.
If this sounds like the opportunity you're looking for, we'd love to hear from you.