Harmonic get great people and great organisations to work in tune together. And following a bumper start to 2021, we're looking for five talented people to help us expand our reach into exciting new markets in the UK and USA.
As one of our intake of Community Analysts for Autumn/Winter 2021, the position offers you the opportunity to shape the future direction of one of London's most exciting start-ups. And to do this while working in one of the coolest, most creative workplaces right in the centre of the Stables Market, Camden Town, London. We have also recently opened a new office in Manchester which is located in a vibrant co-working space. We also plan to open a third office in the diverse, fast paced heart of Brixton.
Harmonic supply the finance, operations and legal professionals who make our clients brilliant. Focussing on filling roles ranging from Chief Financial Officers through to Operations Directors, we work with some of the most exciting organisations in Europe, ranging from ground-breaking technology start-ups (Fintech, Software, AI, Robotics, Electronics, BioTech) and record labels through to major fashion labels, vegan food start-ups, leading furniture designers and media businesses.
Our values are at the core of what we do and following a challenging year for everyone in 2020 we have doubled down on our commitment to the wider community and commitment to giving our people the support they need inside and outside of the world of work. Harmonic are proud to sponsor one of London's leading mental health charities - GetAhead - and make sure that everyone gets the day off to attend their annual festival at Omeara in London Bridge! This is alongside support tools, coaching (taken by one of Europe's leading Executive coaches!) and access to counselling services.
We have achieved some exceptional growth in the last 4 years scaling at circa 100% per annum which has been driven by our team of incredibly ambitious Community Analysts resulting in the creation of multiple new leaders and managers in as little as 18 months after joining!This is really just the beginning and following the launch of our US business in Boston at the start of the year there are massive opportunities for people with ambitions to live and work overseas.
Community Analyst is the first rung on the Harmonic career development programme. The position is a broad introduction to recruitment and staffing, which focusses upon the development of business development skills (80% phone, 10% meetings, 10% marketing and events) and the building of a trusted community of candidates within a niche marketplace.
Daily and weekly targets will be used during your training so if you don't thrive in a competitive environment (albeit a super-friendly one!), then this probably isn't the role for you. We expect successful candidates to make promotion to SeniorCommunity Analyst between their fifth and eight months in the job.
- Build a niche candidate community via phone and face-to-face business development (perhaps more Zoom heavy initially!)
- Source information or 'leads' on urgent hiring opportunities for Harmonic to fill
- Source candidates for live Harmonic vacancies
- Take responsibility for the quality of the Harmonic CRM data
- Manage and monitor social media channels
- Write and co-ordinate the design of bespoke marketing materials for your marketplace
- Create original content specific to your market for the Harmonic website
Work Environment and our Values:
Let's make no bones about it: we expect high standards. Harmonic Group is going places. And quickly. You should therefore expect to work long hours when needed, and not be too phased by the prospect of competition. However, while we expect our colleagues to apply themselves, we also pride ourselves on being model employers. Our working environment is supportive and empathetic, with advice and coaching on hand when needed outside of our regular review process. Above all, our three core values: Knowledge, Respect and Community aren't just there for PR purposes, they underpin everything we do internally as a business, as well as externally.
What we'll need to see throughout the recruitment process (essential):
- Fantastic verbal and written communication skills
- Good educational background
- A competitive spirit
- An appreciation and sharing of our values
- Strong, lateral thinking processes
- Previous paid work experience (can be part-time or between terms)
Package & Benefits:
- Basic salary of GBP22,000 (rising to GBP23,000 following probationary period)
- Annual bonus (linked to display of values)
- Uncapped commission scheme (evidenced average minimum first year earnings=30-36k, second year earnings= 55-75k, third year earnings 75-120k)
- 1 x company international weekend away (paid for by Harmonic!)
- 1 x individually-targeted weekend away (New York or similar)
- Free ticket to Getahead wellness and music festival
- Incentives relating to music, health and fitness and food
- Funded home working set up
Find out more:
In line with Harmonic's values of knowledge, community and respect we are creating a diverse work environment where all employees have equal opportunities.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, and everybody will be considered for roles regardless of race, religion, gender expression, disability, or sexual orientation.
We are rapidly growing and are looking to continue to build a culture where difference is valued.
Diversity connects us to our clients and the communities which we work within. We believe that diversity drives multiple points of view and helps us to be better.