You will be working as part of a team on accounts and audit assignments both within the office and at the client's premises.
You will receive the appropriate training in order to complete the following duties:
- Preparation of accounts working paper file from client's records, producing Limited company statutory accounts and income and expenditure accounts for self-assessment tax returns
- Preparation of tax computations
- Preparation of VAT returns including bookkeeping for clients on a quarterly basis
- Communication with clients to obtain records, raise queries or request additional information on accounts preparation assignments
- Report list of points arising for discussion with the manager
- Work as a member of a team on audit assignments completing testing as directed by the audit senior
- Agreeing budgets prior to commencing work and completing timesheets to report time spent
- Attending weekly team briefing meetings to report on the completion status of work to date and plan for future assignments
In addition to on job training and practical experience, you will receive full study support to gain a globally recognised qualification with the ICAEW. Your learning approach will be supported by Kaplan, a multi-award-winning training provider.
This will be a level 7 Apprenticeship which means all costs will be funded for you. We will ensure you have the right experience, personal developmentand training to make your career stimulating and rewarding.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Demonstrate strong maths knowledge
- Experience in using Microsoft Office especially Excel
- Good communication skills - communicating with clients by email, letter, and telephone. Verbal communication with team members
- Good organisation and time management skills - weekly completion of timesheets, may need to manage multiple assignments at the same time ensuring deadlines are met
- Strong team ethic
- Ability to deliver outstanding levels of client service
- Professional manner both in the office and at clients premises
- 2:1 at degree level
- 3 A-Levels at grades A-C
As you progress through the ACA examination levels and become more experienced in accounts preparation and audit assignments, you will be encouraged to take on higher levels of responsibility, working towards the goal of reporting directly to the directors and leading teams on audit.Things to consider
The successful candidate will be entitled to 20 days holiday plus bank holidays. Employee pension contributions are 5% and the employer contributes 4%. Life assurance policy. Working from home opportunity once a minimum level of supervision is reached.
Company car park. Close proximity to train station and buses from Nottingham, however, ideally, candidates will have or be working towards their driving licence.