As a Junior Management Consultants Apprentice, you will be assisting the Management Consultants to provide business advice to public, private and not-for-profit organisations. This would involve helping them to solve a challenge of some kind, such as how to grow their business, how to make it more efficient or how to organise and structure itself in different ways. Some customers have a particular focus or aim and our services will vary as such - for example, one may need a proposal for new work, and another may want to identify how to make positive changes within their organisation or how to develop their workforce. Working on client site away from your office is a possibility, while hours are varied and often depend on the project.
Tasks will be varied depending on the customer/project. You may be involved in conducting research, analysing, and interpreting data or have responsibility for organising the logistics of the project. As you develop and progress, you might be involved in contributing to report writing which uses statistical evidence to support recommendations and conclusions or support the creation of slide decks to deliver key messages to clients. You might also become more focused on a particular type of service offering (financial, strategic, operational, etc.) or industry (financial services, public sector, telecommunications etc.).
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Reflect expected behaviours of the organisation, project, and client teams
- Be tactful and discreet with sensitive information and protect confidentiality
- Frequently seek and act upon feedback, reflect on performance and have a desire for learning
- Be flexible to the needs of the project (working times and locations). Be open minded and able to work with a range of different people
Adherence to legal and ethical frameworks
- Work within legal and ethical frameworks to protect all stakeholders, including the client, from reputational damage
- Great communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- A minimum of 5 GCSE's, grades A*- C /9 - 4 or equivalent (must include Maths and English)
Things to consider
- Potential full time role upon completion of successfulapprenticeship
- Additional Benefits - Medical cover, Staff Rewards Framework.