Duties will include:
- Working within the established project management team, the postholder will get involved in all aspects of project management from inception through to scoping and delivery and billing. The role will cover the North West and Yorkshire regions initially but could include travel elsewhere
- The postholder will have the opportunity to get involved in a range of different types of projects including refurbishments and M&E installation works
- The postholder will initially support the Project Managers but is excepted to learn the skill and gain experience, to gradually take on their own projects
- The postholder will attend site to agree scope of projects, and seek cost estimates from supply chain
- Assist with the co-ordination of sub-contractors associated delivery of services to site and assist with site management
- The postholder will be expected to develop their skills to enable them to submit cost estimates to clients, manage works safely and on time to a high standard
- Health and Safety is a priority and the postholder will be expected to learn how to identify hazards and risks, review risk assessments and eventually become SMSTS qualified
- The postholder will learn the customer facing skills required to build positive client relationships via mentoring from senior colleagues. They will attend meetings with clients, they will be responsible for recording and reporting on progress to clients.
- They will use appropriate financial tools to control costs and support the quantity surveyors with valuations
- It is expected that the postholder will eventually be AutoCad trained and will able to make amendments to CAD drawings
- Ensure company Quality Assurance procedures are adhered to within their remit and to maintain accurate records/documentation associated with all work carried out on site
- To respond in a prompt and effective manner to all requests in connection with the abovementioned systems
- Build technical knowledge in relation to building and life safety systems and be aware of changes in legislation, industry standards and general good practice.
- Any other reasonable duties identified by your manager
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- A previous Level 3, construction-based apprenticeship. For example - Technical and Professional Advanced Level Apprenticeship or Construction Building Advanced Level Apprenticeship.
- English and maths at Level 2
- Good ICT skills including Microsoft packages such as Microsoft
- Continued employment will be subject to satisfactory DBS checks.
- Planning, Organising & Executing
- Commercial Awareness
- Risk Management
- Drive for Excellence
- Self-Motivation and Development
- Customer Awareness
- Level 2 maths and English
- Construction Level 3 qualifications
- Good IT skills
- Progression available for the right candidate