The position is working in the Mobile and Digital team as an Apprentice Software Development to work on the whole life cycle of software development working to support and expand on the current platforms as they evolve to support the digitization of traditional markets.
Working with the Developers, alongside SMEs, a wide range of knowledge will be acquired around back end and front-end hardware devices that our clients and their customers interact with. This opportunity to learn "on-the-job" the real world application of software in an industrial application and how real people interact with platforms on a daily basis.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Application Support - Investigate issues, create workarounds or escalate to Level 3
- Deliver and implement software solutions to deadlines while meeting required quality expectations
- Ensure Code Quality by following QA practices
- Work with Business requirements and designs for software development
- Write code
- Work through the backlog, bugs and technical debt to ensure working systems
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Extensive knowledge of Software development
- Strong knowledge of C#, VB.Net and SQL server
- Good Communication Skills
- Knowledge of SOAP and WCF webservices
- Agile processes
- Secure Development practices
- Comfortable with Modern working practices
- Ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- A passion and willingness to learn
- Dynamic, highly motivated and ambitious
- Must be a self-starter & be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position