As an Apprentice Software Engineer, you will play a pivotal part in ensuring that the software we develop is fit for purpose. You will contribute to the successful delivery of our ambitious roadmap, ensuring that our customers benefit from your inquisitiveness and creativity. Whilst we are currently operating on a remote basis and there is no expectation that the business will return to 100% office based working, there will be an expectation, once Covid rules are relaxed, to attend the North Walsham office as and when required by the business.
Following a comprehensive induction into Engage Health Systems, you will be supported to complete an Accredited Level 4 Software Tester Apprenticeship with Firebrand Training, an experienced technology training provider. Your training will continue throughout the apprenticeship with both Firebrand and Engage Health Systems own highly skilled software testing team. Your experience and learning during this apprenticeship will start your career as a software tester covering both manual and automation testing within an agile technology development function and be a gateway to further study and promotion opportunities.
Working alongside our experienced team, you will be:
- Testing new features and changes to our solutions
- Monitoring applications to identify potential issues
- Create plans for testing new products and features
- Ensure changes follow specifications, requirements or user stories
- Working with developers and team members to ensure projects run smoothly
- Being involved throughout the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Identifying risks to the software
- Providing feedback and reporting on the software
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Numerate, analytical with logical thinking ability
- Experience of working on your own initiative and effectively as part of a team to achieve positive outcomes
- Naturally collaborative and inquisitive, with good communication and written skills.
- High level of attention to detail
- Interest in understanding the bigger picture
- At least five GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C/4 or above including maths, English and either IT or Science
- Educated to Level 3 as a minimum in an IT based subject
- Please ensure that your full educational history (including high school)is stated on your application
Progessions ontoQA Engineer, Senior QA Engineer or QA Engineer Manager.