In-house training will be given, and you will also receive mentoring from senior developers.
The role is office based, but there are opportunities for remote working should the need arise.
- You will be working in a team environment on a variety of web projects for both existing and new clients.
- Making CSS and HTML updates to our existing client website portfolio. Our portfolio includes public and private sector businesses.
- Adding new features and functionality to websites such as blogs and event systems.
- Creating new installations for both template and bespoke web projects.
- Coding skins for websites based on bespoke designs.
- Resolving technical issues on existing and new build sites.
- Creating page structures and laying out content within a CMS and creating wireframes.
- Collaborating with project and account managers to make and suggest improvements to client websites.
- Developing custom modules for web projects.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
You should apply if...
- You want a role where your opinion is valued, and you are encouraged to contribute new ideas
- You want to work on a wide range of projects that will challenge you to improve your technical skills
- You enjoy the sense of satisfaction of taking a project from concept to completion
- You love to learn - this role will be fast-moving, at times challenging, but we promise you that it will be so rewarding!
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS would be an advantage.
- You will be working as part of a close-knit team and should be motivated to work independently but also collaboratively on projects.
- The role will be varied and fast-paced and requires a genuine enthusiasm for coding as well as strong problem-solving skills and an eye for detail.
- Purple operates an open-door policy, and we are looking to add to our team with someone who is excited to present creative ideas and investigate new technologies.
- The role will involve completing coursework towards a Level 4 qualification with the option to progress to Level 5 and Level 6 (degree level) and will require the candidate to manage their time well.
- Off the job training time will be provided every week alongside support to help achieve the highest outcome from the course from senior members of the team.
Due to travelling being key, it is important that candidates have a driving license and access to their own vehicle.Desired qualifications
- Level 3 Software apprenticeship, or
- A Level in a STEM subject (within the Technology and Maths fields only) and successful completion of our Aptitude Test, or
- BTEC Diploma in IT and successful completion of our Aptitude Test, or
- A minimum of 12 months of experience within the last 24 months or 18 months in the last 36 months in an IT role.
Specific roles that are acceptable are:
- IT Support roles e.g. Help Desk, First line
- Software testing or any work that utilises basic coding
- Any other technical job that uses IT equipment or software
- Any data analytics or reporting related role
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme. The learners would still be required to successfully pass the Aptitude Test at first attempt.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship.Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.Things to consider
What you will get from us...
- Opportunities to build your skills working on projects that will challenge your creativity and ingenuity
- Supportive senior management team and a workplace mentor
- A key role in a small team with big ambitions
- Your own PC with dual monitor setup and access to a fleet of laptops to facilitate remote working
- Team events such as bowling, go-karting and escape rooms
- Christmas parties, they are legendary at this point! Some of our previous parties include an alpine themed yurt bar, a private cellar with close up magician and a 1920s themed murder mystery
- A workplace book club
- Friday afternoons free to focus on skill-building and passion projects
- Flexible working - we'd love someone who's excited to be part of the agency environment, but understand that flexibility is key and will be offering a hybrid model of working
- 25 Days holiday with an additional day earned for each year in your role up to 5 extra days
- Bonus holiday day for your Birthday
- Salary review twice a year
- Open door policy to new ideas
- Free beverages including Nespresso coffee
- Gorgeous rural location with picnic spots and routes for lunchtime walks
- Free on-site parking
If this sounds like the role for you and the environment you want to work in, we'd love to hear from you!
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.