Johnson Controls is powered by your talent. We are the power behind the customer mission. Together we are building a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our diverse global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and environments more comfortable and secure. We are all about improving outcomes for our partners. Tomorrow needs your talent. Tomorrow needs you. So let’s talk today.
POSITION: IT Project Management Intern (x 1)
We are looking for an IT Project Management Intern to be part of the enterprise Project Management Office. We are looking to lead technology projects to successful implementations across the globe. This includes the move to a Cloud environment and implementing the latest technology to manage our global network and user desktop experience.
The primary areas of involvement:
• Perform project management of smaller projects assigned to the PMO
• Support the control and administration activities performed by members of the PMO
• Monitor and support project standards, approaches, plans, policies, and procedures by performing regular audits of the ongoing projects.
• Assist with the development and distribution of project communications, working with members of the PMO.
• Support project status reporting.
• Produce project specific reports: examples – issue management reports, change management reports, deliverable tracking reports
• Monitor status of RAID logs (Risk, Actions, Issues, Decisions)
• Produce reports and analyses in support of the RAID management.
PREFERRED DEGREE BACKGROUND:
• Computer Science
• Be creative, think outside the box and don’t be afraid to challenge the status quo
• Have excellent communication skills and an ability to influence people
• Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Be open to interact with people from different backgrounds and cultures
• Build relationships and work successfully in global teams, take initiative and possess creativity
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to execute in a team environment and on own initiative
• Technical acumen and an eagerness to learn
• Analytical experience when looking at project level data
• Understanding of Project Management Delivery Methodologies
BENEFITS OF PLACEMENT WITHIN JOHNSON CONTROLS
• Flexibility to navigate and gain experience in interesting areas of IT
• Playing an integral role in transforming the IT industry
• Access to professional IT training
• Unique opportunities to work directly with senior leaders
• Collaboration with other like-minded bright, and intelligent individuals