Duties will include, but not limited to:
- The role involves working closely with senior consultants and project managers on related projects, to assist in the accurate and timely delivery of work, as prescribed in the project scope.
- To resolve, or assist in the resolution, of customer problems and queries arising from the implementation and subsequent live operations of project work.
- Ensure customers are at the centre of all operational decisions through outstanding customer service.
- Develop a deep understanding of the group technology stack and speak with customers about the most relevant features/functionality for their specific business needs.
- To cover for colleagues, as and when required, in all areas where knowledge overlaps, and to undertake other such duties as may reasonably be requested.
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications, operating systems and network level connectivity issues.
- Call Escalation and management to key partners (Microsoft, HP etc).
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Manage the escalation of calls within internal departments in order to meet Service Level Agreements.
- Production and submission of documentation in line with company procedures and submitted in a timely manner.
- Timesheet completion in line with company procedures.
- Contributing, collaborating and sharing knowledge with internal teams to improve the products and services.
- Engage in vendor training (e.g Microsoft Certification) to keep accreditations up to date, aligned with the business needs.
This role is ideal for a candidate that may have already taken a level 3/ level 4 IT Qualification and seeking their next step in to a more " project orientated" IT service role.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Evidence of working within a team, supporting and working with others to reach organisational goals.
- Basic computer and operating system knowledge
- Effective communication and administrative skills
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, active listening and customer-care
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly, planning and prioritising workload.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
- Training opportunities will be provided, with the expectation of some learning taking place in personal time.
- Good understanding of Microsoft's core business applications and desktop machine operating systems
- Basic technical understanding of networks: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Ability to accurately log system configuration information.
Grade C (equivalent) Maths and English essentialFuture prospects
Things to consider
- Strong potential for career progression
- Excellent track record for supporting apprentices
- Regular corporate and team social events
On site Gym