What will the apprentice be doing?
You will report to a Director within the commercial team and will work closely with the other members of the infrastructure business whilst working towards a Level 4 in management consulting.
You will have an opportunity to be involved in:
- Developing new business
- Assisting in the management of client and business partner relationships
- Collating, evaluating and drawing insights from commercial and other business data
- Identifying and implementing process improvements
- Applying innovation to solve our clients' problems
- Commercial and contractual negotiations with clients and business partners
- Developing and practicing essential skills such as report writing and presenting
- Managing and coordinating projects within Arup and with external partners
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
As part of your apprenticeship, you'll study towards the listed qualificaiton You'll study at a local partner college on day release, and combine this experience with real responsibilities in the workplace.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
When joining us as one of our apprentices, you'll enjoy the opportunity to study for a paid, professionally-recognised qualification in a discipline that will help you further your career.
Throughout your apprenticeship, you'll have access to our online network. You'll also take internal courses. These cover technical aspects of the business, such as software, but also vital 'soft' skills such as report writing and working effectively.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade B/5) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade C/4) Essential