MAIN PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Quality Apprentice Technician will receive development training to support quality activities within the SEWS-E Distribution centre and local customer sites. Supporting Nissan Quality Engineer/Manager in all aspects of customer quality activities.
- Inspection of goods when required.
- Carry out product sampling checks
- Perform accurate measuring and visual inspection of product assemblies as per inspection plans, drawings and specifications.
- Support investigations into customer complaints and rejects
- To aid in the efficient preparation and control of quality inspection and rework data for submission to customers.
- Completion of Quality tasks in response to the business, and customer needs.
- Act as a communication link between SEWS-E teams involved in Quality, Engineering and development.
- Support of Nissan digital reporting quality systems (G2B, e-WIPS)
- Support visits to SEWS-E sites, either locally or overseas.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Excellent Microsoft office skills
- Driving licence preferred but is not essential
- A desire to learn an interest in Quality Engineering
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form on a daily basis with all related personnel, departments and customers
- Attention to detail
- Personal organisation
In order to optimise success candidates will typically have 5 GCSE's at Grade C ( Grade 4/5 in the new numerical GCSE grading system) or above, including Mathematics, English and a Science, Technology or Engineering related subject, or 90+ credits in an Engineering BTEC at level 3. *(As further guidance, the level of Mathematics has an advisory GCSE level of grade B (Grade 5/6 in the new numerical GCSE grading system)Future prospects
On successful completion of your apprenticeship the individual has the opportunity to move into the role of Quality Engineer within the Nissan TeamThings to consider
- Flexibility in terms of working hours and location, possibility of working outside of normal working hours, on occasion at short notice.
- Must be able and willing to travel overseas and spend periods of time away from home.