You will embark on a journey to become an experienced Solutions Engineer and will be provided with practical and theoretical training that directly contributes to your degree and securing a career within technology. This is a 3 year Apprenticeship degree and throughout this time we will help to develop both your technical and soft skills that will enable you to make a positive impact on the internal team and our external clients. The team that you will be part of is our Solution Engineering team. The Solution Engineers work to help customers customers transform their businesses with industry-leading solutions and is involved in all technical aspects of customer engagement: from initially introducing new concepts and ideas to a customer, to presenting and demonstrating VMware technologies and helping to design solutions that meets the customer needs. Through close collaboration with Sales and Professional Services, the Solution Engineering team builds long term customer relationships, ensuring success in their adoption of VMware Solutions.
What will you learn?
You will learn and be given training on a variety of VMware technologies · Learn how to develop scenario-based solution demonstrations based upon real world examples · Learn to navigate the internal systems to bring the best solutions to our clients · To collaborate with the wider business: Professional Services and Sales · Client technology infrastructure and how to align our solutions correctly · Presentation and communication skills · How to probe and question to find the challenges our clients face · Developing your client relationship skills and how to present solution designs · How to support VMware colleagues, partners and customers with a variety of Digital Presales Services such as solution design, IT Health Checks and much more · You will also learn and be exposed to an International working environment where different cultures, opinions and best practices are embraced and listened to.
More details available directly from the University website: https://www.uwl.ac.uk/for-business/apprenticeships/applicants/our-apprenticeships/it-consultant-degree-apprenticeship
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
· Employee Stock Purchase Plan
· Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
· Generous Time Off Programs
· 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
· Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
· Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
· Wellness reimbursement and online fitness and wellbeing classes
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- A passion forlearningand solvingproblems
- Anenthusiastic communication manner
- Excellent active listening skills
- Aninterest inthe IT Industry andtrends
- A collaborative and inclusive nature
- A desire to work with customers
- A levels (level 3), plus normally in a minimum of two subjects (112 Ucas point) OR (Btec extended diploma MMD) plus A*-C or 9-4GCSE qualifications (Level 2) in English and maths
- Applicants with no formal qualifications will also be considered on an individual basis
It is expected that the apprentice will gain experience across the various function's of Solution Engineering, and as the program develops, take on more responsibilities leading to a future career in technology.Things to consider
Important Information: University of West London apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education. To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.