What will the apprentice be doing?
· Assisting with the initiating, planning, monitoring & controlling, communicating and close-out phases of projects, contributing to the completion of Product Lifecycle Process Gates where applicable.
· Acting under direction coordinate specific activities of integrated project and/or cross-functional teams to contribute to the successful completion of milestones.
· Support with the maintenance of project records.
· Assist with the establishment and maintenance of cost and schedule baselines.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprenticeship programme will include:
· Level 6 Project Management (Degree apprenticeship)
· The apprenticeship is a 4-year programme delivered by QA in partnership with Northumbria University
· A full programme outline can be found here - https://qahighereducation.com/courses/bsc-hons-project-management/
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On successful completion of the programme our apprentices have the opportunity to take up a full-time opportunity within the business.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Number skills, Analytical skills
A Level or equivalent any 3 (Grade 4 or above) Essential
BTEC or equivalent any 3 (Grade 4-9) Essential
Things to consider
• You must be 18 years old before January 2022 • The positions are subject to satisfactory background checks and/or National Security Vetting • A passion for technology with an interest in project management • Energetic and determined • Developing knowledge of project management methodologies (e.g. Waterfall, PRINCE2, Agile etc) is desirable.