To further our growth and success we have opportunities for aspiring recruitment consultants to join our busy IFA, wealth-management and Financial Technology departments.
This is a very exciting time of expansion, hitting record-breaking fee levels along with ambitious growth plans for the future.
What we require from you is a strong sales drive, motivation for hitting targets and exceptional communication and influencing skills.
As a business we focus on work-life balance, we work grown-up hours and set realistic incentives so you can start earning bonuses ASAP.
To become an Apprentice Recruitment consultant previous experience is not essential, ideally, you will have a proven commercial Sales background and are educated to A Level or Degree level.
You need to be positive and tenacious with a hunger to learn.
The role will include:
- Screening and interviewing candidates who have registered on our website or that have applied for positions we've advertised - finding out the key information, ensuring this is logged accurately
- Sending out marketing emails to engage candidates that have registered their details with us and keep up to date with our clients' job opportunities
- Utilising various online tools to find great candidates that fit our clients brief
- Formatting CV's to a high standard to ensure that all of the relevant information is presented to our clients
What the role looks like:
- Speaking to candidates over the phone to assess suitability for our clients' roles
- Ability to recognise when a candidate matches the brief through applying detailed screening and interviewing techniques
- Using all available tools to find suitable vacancies for candidates
- Understanding each client individual needs in order that you can match the right candidate to the right job
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- You need to be positive and tenacious with a hunger to learn
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Ateam player and a confident networker with ability to make a good impression
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- High level of attention to detail
- Articulate, professional and persuasive with a good telephone manner
- Able to problem solve effectively and work autonomously
- Tenacious and a strong planner
- Resilient, adaptable and above all be keen and enthusiastic
- Must be able to work independently and be a self-starter
- Must have a great attitude and aptitude for learning
- Keen to learn and develop new skills
- Be polite, personable and confident
- Educated to A Level or Degree or equivalents
Things to consider
- When opportunities arise for progression the company look towards internal promotion
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates