- Establish and maintain close communication between suppliers, the company's stakeholders and relevant departments: Engineering, Finance, Legal, Supply Chain, Warehousing.
- Create, issue, and monitor both large and small purchase orders to fulfilcompany demand and ensure on-time delivery, cost, and delivery targets are met.
- Update contracts and maintain transactional purchase-related data, while adhering to the organization's procurement-related procedures through execution in the company's ERP system.
- Request, process, and maintain relevant documentation throughout the supply chain process (supplier quotation, PO, supplier order acknowledgment, transport documentation, invoicing).
- Support and review global company management systems and other necessary reports to determine material supply, derive trends, perform cost analysis and maintain proper inventory.
- Evaluate supplier's performance and compliance.
- Conduct routine supplier business data reviews.
- Work with senior leadership to improve the end-to-end purchasing process through communicating gaps and proposing solutions to drive an efficient and repeatable process.
- Act as a subject matter expert on purchase order processes.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- A broad and detailed understanding of order fulfilment processes and procedures; ideally in the manufacturing and/or automotive industries.
- Experience in using Jira, Odoo, or similar ERP procurement systems.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with the ability to operate in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Experience in requesting, receiving, and evaluating quotes from suppliers to verify requirements, pricing, and specifications.
- Accounts Payable and Office experience are relevant.
- Experience in using Jira, Odoo, or similar ERP procurement systems are ideal but not required.
- Previous experience in Supply Chain or Planning, Academic experience in Planning and or Supply Chain.
- MS Office Literate, including Excel, Strong Interpersonal Skills, Able to work on own initiative and think outside the box.
- Curiosity and hunger to learn.
- Strong A-Level grades - maths and sciences are preferred.
Tech and digital professionals in London earn an average salary of £52,500 per year, so this Apprenticeship could be the start of a very promising and profitable career.
After the Apprenticeship:
Over 90% of our Apprentices move on to permanent full-time employment in the tech industry. There are also opportunities to extend your training with a higher-level Apprenticeship programme. Just IT have already helped over 1000 people kick-start their tech and digital careers with an Apprenticeship.