Responsible for working with other landscape professionals to turn the designer's visions into gardens for people to enjoy.
- Cultivation and preparation of ground for turfing, seeding or planting
- Mowing and edging lawns
- Weeding and mulching landscape beds
- Trimming small trees, hedges and shrubs
- Removing unwanted, dead or damaged trees
- Planting shrubs, herbaceous plants, trees and bulbs
- Watering gardens, lawns and landscapes
- Undertaking minor demolition works
- Assisting in the construction of stone or brick walls, retaining structures, laying paving, setts, slabs, stone paths/surfacings etc.
- Assisting in the erection of fencing
- You will be required to use a wide range of power tools such as disk saws, drills etc. and to operate many different items of plant including dumpers, rollers and the like whilst undertaking the above works
- Taking delivery of materials and plants
- Keeping site clean and tidy
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Attention to detail
- Good teamwork skills
- Fantastic opportunity to learn and develop
- Willing to learn
- Minimum Grade C/4 in maths and English GCSE or equivalent
Once qualified, you could eventually take a leading role in running projects.Things to consider
Projects are located in Sussex and Surrey.