During your employment, you will be required to share your time between the workplace and university. You will:
- Grow your knowledge of cyber engineering
- Develop practical skills in development for complex systems, understanding key processes and technologies.
- Support early careers activities - our apprentices and graduates have the opportunity to work as STEM ambassadors in schools, colleges and universities
- Commit to the successful completion of all your academic modules and assignments in support of the Apprenticeship standard (Ref:ST0119).
Who would suit this role?
Leonardo values people that look to always develop throughout their career and along with an eager willingness to learn, a successful apprenticeship with Leonardo involves a drive to deliver results, sometimes from your own initiative, a patience for problem solving, as well as a need to comply with safety instructions and clear process compliance at all times. We view commitment to the programme and learning objectives very highly.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Ability to achieve high performance
- Want continuous improvement
- Develop customer focus
- Able to work together
- Demonstrate self-awareness and confidence
- Please note that in order to apply for this opportunity you must be eligible for UK Security Clearance. Normally this is to the level of Security Check (typically known as "SC") for our business
- 3 x A levels (Grade A-C) (or equivalent)
- Mandatory: Mathematics and either Physics or a Technology/Engineering subject
AND Preferred: another STEM subject.
- 5 GCSE grades 9 - 4 or grades A*- C or equivalent,
- Mandatory: English Language, Maths and a Science subject Plus 2 subjects
Note: If the applicant has no 'A levels' but has achieved a BTEC Extended Diploma in Engineering we will accept the application, with the caveat around attending the maths bridging course based on existing mathematics qualifications. The Maths taught in this course does not carry any credit towards your degree. Each application will be considered individually in consultation with our partnering university.Future prospects
Leonardo values people with a passion for technical analysis, judgement and problem-solving. We reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
Things to consider
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual incremental pay increases
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Pension scheme (Contributory)
- Cycle to Work initiative
- A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around
Don't delay - these roles attract high competition so APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment. When applying on HireVue please select Apprentice degree STEM.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates