What will the apprentice be doing?
• Programming skills in Java or C++
• Knowledge of Web service design and development
• Experience of working in a multi-disciplined agile environment
• HCI/UX design
• Development of quality software solutions that adhere to timescale and budget
• Opportunity to develop creative software solutions
• Organisational skills with well-rounded communication and relationship building abilities
• Digital Technologies such as Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will be studying towards a BSc in Digital and Technology Solutions with Warwick University. During this four year programme you will combine university studies with practical application.
This programme is delivered via a block-release model whereby you will attend an average of six weeks at university per year - remote support will be provided online. You will be given one day per week in which to focus on your studies.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
At the end of the apprenticeship you be working as a software engineer within one of the Thales UK businesses.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative
GCSE or equivalent 5 GCSES incl Maths+English plus additional STEM (Grade Grade 9 - 4 (A-C)) Essential
A Level or equivalent Maths plus 1 STEM subject (Grade BCC or DMM (equivalent)) Essential