Main role / Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
There are 2 major products we provide for local hospitality industry:
- Pocket PoS and Pocket Order
- Pocket PoS: EPOS till System
- You will learn and participate in developing new features and maintain existing system in both front-end and back-end.
It requires knowledge in HTML, CSS, JQuery, Cordova, Android, Java, ASP.NET and MS SQL database.
Pocket Order: Online Ordering services
- You will learn how to develop web apps in Angular 2+ with Android and iOS.
- Helping to maintain the back-end dashboard and develop new features according to our development roadmap.
- Subscription for Udemy online courses will be provided
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Programming experience (ideally in C#, Java)
- Basic web development skills (HTML + CSS + JQuery, Angular 2+)
- Mobile App development experience (iOS, Android)
- Knowledge Databases (SQL Server)
- Customer Service / Tech support experience
- Enthusiasm and desire to learn
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to meet personal and team sales targets
- Ability of problem solving
- Programming experience preferred
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and driven
- Good work planning skills and self-management
- Level 3 Software apprenticeship, or A Level in a STEM subject (within the Technology and Maths fields only) and successful completion of our Aptitude Test
- BTEC Diploma in IT and successful completion of our Aptitude Test
- A minimum of 12 months of experience within the last 24 months or 18 months in the last 36 months in an IT role.
Specific roles that are acceptable are:
- IT Support roles e.g. Help Desk, First line
- Software testing or any work that utilises basic coding
- Any other technical job that uses IT equipment or software
- Any data analytics or reporting related role
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme. The learners would still be required to successfully pass the Aptitude Test at first attempt.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
Things to consider
- Become a permanent IT developer and beyond
- Company computer
- Extra holiday on birthday
- Bonus will be awarded based on performance
- The learner will have performance reviews after which their salary will increase depending on their performance.
- QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education
- To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years