- Accepting care packages and assigning care workers to service users in an appropriate manner;
- Producing care workers' rotas and managing the roster software;
- Ensuring that service user and care worker files are complete;
- Using electronic monitoring software to monitor care workers' attendance and timeliness for visits;
- Arranging care reviews and risk assessments for service users with the field supervisor;
- Conducting telephone monitoring and service user visits and ensuring service quality;
- Liaising with clients, local authorities and other stakeholders;
- Representing the company during meetings with officials and service commissioners;
- Attending training events and ensuring that skills and knowledge of industry best practice is kept up-to-date;
- Ensuring that our service complies with CQC requirements;
- Ensuring that the highest standards of care are maintained at all times.
- You will be needed to work out in the field as well with our Care assistants when required with staff sickness and holidays.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Extremely responsible.
- An excellent communicator.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think outside the box.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- A keen team player.
- Ability to take initiative.
- The drive to learn and succeed.
- Reliable and Trustworthy.
- High integrity.
- Sound judgement.
- Enthusiastic and hardworking
- Well organised
- Excellent IT skills and competency in Microsoft Office packages as well as data bases or people rostering systems where possible.
- Ability to work under pressure with changing demands that require you to be responsive and flexible.
- Excellent people skills with the ability to provide an exceptional level of service.
- Experience of prioritising tasks and meeting deadlines without compromising accuracy
- GCSE Grade 4 / C or above in maths and English (or equivalent qualification).
- Minimum of 2 years' experience within the care industry
- Obtained Level 2 and Level 3 Health and Social Care (QCF).
Potential to progress onto higher level apprenticeships and/or within the health care sector.Things to consider
Must be able to drive due to nature of the role.