What will the apprentice be doing?
Learn the components of a BMS control system, and how they work together to control a building. You will gain a multitude of skills from our engineers including how to service a BMS, how to install sensors and devices, IT networking skills and about IOT devices, how to program a BMS controller, and many more. We will invest in the successful candindate who will become a well rounded and confident BMS engineer, with excellent career progression prospects.What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
On successful completion of the programme, individuals will receive the following:
- Building Energy Management Systems (BEMS) Controls Engineer Apprenticeship at Level 4
- Level 2 Functional Skills, English (if required)
- Level 2 Functional Skills, Maths (if required)
On completion of specific Building Controls Industry Association (BCIA) technical course modules individuals will receive the following:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Building Controls Industry Association (BCIA) Technical Certificate
- Building Controls Industry Association (BCIA) Advanced Technical Certificate
- Individuals will also be eligible to apply for an Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) Building Controls card at Associate or Integrator Level (depending on level of experience).
On successful completion of the programme, individuals will secure a permanent position as a BMS Controls Engineer within Intech Controls Ltd. Career progression from servicing, to commissioning, project design and project management positions will be available.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 5 or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5 or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 5 or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Computer Science (Grade 5 or above) Desired
A Level or equivalent Engineering or Computer Science (Grade A* - C) Desired Things to consider
As this is a partly site based role, a Full UK Driving License will be essential. Individuals will be paid for all travel expenses, including fuel and public transport where appropriate.