What will the apprentice be doing?
• Identify business problems and present insights to influence actions.
• Develop skills in Data Engineering, Visualisation and Business Analysis in a complex business environment.
• Work as part of a team to deliver data products used across the whole business.
• Collaborate with business users
• Produce reports to provide insight and recommendations for how to improve the business operations, learning and business processes, and what drives business outcomes.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
As a Data Analyst Apprentice you will be studying towards a Level 4 Data Analyst Apprenticeship with QA Training. This programme is 17 months in duration, which includes 14 months of study followed by 3 months for your end point assessment. Training will be delivered via a blended learning model including online and classroom delivery. At the end of the apprenticeship there may be scope for individuals with the required motivation and aptitude to progress onto degree level learning.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A permanent position with Thales as a Data Analyst.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative
GCSE or equivalent English and Maths (Grade Grade 9 - 4 (A-C)) Essential
A Level or equivalent Maths plus 1 STEM subject (Grade A-C) Essential
Things to consider
One STEM A Level required can include - Physics, ICT, Computing or Electronics