Main role / Responsibilities [will include but not be limited to]:
- Supporting the CloudPay live, test and development Environments.
- Maintaining, and improving the integrity, and availability of the CloudPay Production service.
- Documenting and suggesting Improvements to existing projects and processes.
- Completing operational tasks required to onboard new customers.
- Assisting the Infrastructure Operations Lead with day to day support and operational tasks as required.
- Triaging of support tickets.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Good documentation and communications skills
- Experience working with and Linux systems
- Virtualised Infrastructure
Nice to have:
Personal qualities Desired qualifications
- DevOps Tools/Containerisation (Puppet/Ansible/Docker)
- JIRA, Confluence or similar
- Understanding of databases (MySQL, MongoDb)
- Exposure/Experience to Public Cloud Services (AWS preferred)
- Firm Understanding of Networking principles
A Level 3 qualification in a relevant area in any grade. Acceptable qualifications include:
- A levels in one or more similar subject
- Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject;
- International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in a similar subject;
- BTEC Extended Diploma in a similar subject;
- A Work experience route (2-3 years) in a similar subject-related role
Note: "Similar subject" relates to areas directly relevant to or commensurate with "Digital and Technology Solutions".
As to what constitutes a 'similar subject' this would therefore typically be areas such as but not limited to Level 3 digital apprenticeships, A-Level/BTEC Computer Science, Information Technology, Networking, Software Engineering, etc.
Note: Learners must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level than this apprenticeship in a similar subject.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
Several paths including, by not limited to:
Things to consider
- Infrastructure Operations Engineer and upwards
- Network Engineer
- Cyber Security Engineer / Security Operations Engineer
- DevOps Engineer
Benefits available from day 1:
- Pension scheme
- Remote working allowance
- Life Assurance
- Birthday leave
- Volunteering leave
- Eye tests & glasses
Benefits available following probation period:
- Private medical insurance
Calm app - available following probation
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.