Want to get your career off to a flying start? The sky's the limit with TUI. We're the world's number one tourism business, operating in around 180 destinations worldwide, which means limitless global opportunities for you and your future.
As part of our Solicitor Apprenticeship, you'll spendsix invaluable yearsworking right at the heart of our business -with real responsibilities, and the chance to work on real projects. You'll gain a unique insight into our exciting and dynamic industry, with exposure to many other functional areas and senior colleagues. You'll have lots of fun during your time with us, and we'll ensure you get the support you need every step of the way.
Our Legal team is responsible for all legal activity, policies and political affairs across the business. If you want to train to be a solicitor, you can do so with our in-house team. It takes six years -which is shorter than the traditional university route -and you'll end up with a recognised law degree.
With our Level 7 Solicitor Apprenticeship, you'll start off by getting to grips with the basics, building networks across the business, as well as your all-round knowledge of the profession. This will lead on to getting involved in more complex cases as you build your expertise and capability as an apprentice solicitor -with the learning and qualifications to back you up. As the apprenticeship is a slightly shorter route to becoming a solicitor than going to university, it's an intense programme, but we'll support you every step of the way with a university tutor and a colleague mentor.
We recruit on a rolling basis and therefore recommend that you apply as soon as possible to be in with the best chance.
About the role:
- GainvariedexperienceacrosstheLegalteam, includingcommercial legalsupport, litigation, and company secretarial
- Support the wider legal function through research and providing reports
- Apply contracts to real commercial situations
- Collaborate with internal and external customers and stakeholders to deal with disputes or to understand business requirements
- Coordinateand maintain internal records and sources (materials and documentation)
- Updatemembers ofdirectorate in respect of changing legal requirements and new statutory and regulatory developments, including carrying out background legal research
- You'll also work towardsaLevel7 Solicitorapprenticeship
All the while you will bementoredby our experienced and knowledgeable Legal teamwho will support you with your studies to ensure yougain the relevant skills andexperienceto become a fully qualifiedSolicitor.
It's a different way to build a career in law with great benefits and a permanent job from day one.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
Great at communication skills.Personal qualities
- Apassionfor legal,aswell an interest in the travel industry
- Engages and collaborates with others
- Natural drive to achieve both individual and business results with a commercial focus
- Analytical approach to solving problems and creating solutions
- Brings innovative ideas and insights
- Adapts and shows resilience if faced with adversity
- Hunger for learning,and a commitment to gainingyourLevel7Solicitorapprenticeship
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Our Solicitor Apprenticeship is suitable for anyone without a degree. Perfect for those who have recently completed or are in the final year of their A Level or college studies and don't fancy going down the university route.Future prospects
When you join our SolicitorApprenticeship, you'll be joining TUI as a permanent colleague - moving into a role once you've finished the programme.
Join us now and you can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates