Want to get your career off to a flying start? The sky's the limit with TUI. We're the world's number one tourism business, operating in around 180 destinations worldwide, which means limitless global opportunities for you and your future.
As part of our Analytics & Data Science Graduate Programme, you'll spend two or three invaluable years working right at the heart of our business -with real responsibilities, and the chance to work on real projects. You'll gain a unique insight into our exciting and dynamic industry, with exposure to many other functional areas and senior colleagues. You'll have lots of fun during your time with us, and we'll ensure you get the support you need every step of the way.
The application of analytical techniques and data-based decision-making being critical to TUI's future success and a key source of competitive advantage. Throughout the programme, you'll be working to ensure TUI fully benefits from the world of "big data" and continues to find innovative ways to make the right decision at the right time in order to both enhance the customer experience and maximise profitability.
This is an opportunity for you to join a graduate programme that's focused on producing business leaders and gives you the chance to make a valuable contribution to our Analytics and Data Science function.
We recruit on a rolling basis and therefore recommend that you apply as soon as possible to be in with the best chance.
ABOUT THE JOB:
During our two-year programme, you'll rotate through a minimum of two of the below four Analytics & Data Science teams. At the end of the two years, you'll move into a role with one of the teams you've worked with during the programme. If you choose to complete the three-year Data Science Masters Apprenticeship, the first two years of the apprenticeship will be completed alongside the graduate programme whilethe final year will be completed alongside your permanent role.
Digital Analytics-where we use web behavioural data to optimise the use of our web and mobile sites.
Commercial Analytics-using demand forecasts and profitability data to optimise price and capacity management.
Customer Analytics-focusing on using our rich customer data to truly personalise the customer experience.
Aviation Analytics -working closely with our operational teams to drive the use of data science in all stages of the aviation journey, from optimising the routes of our planes to forecasting the food we should pack on board.
- Work directly with stakeholders from across the business, getting to the heart of a problem and providing workable business solutions
- Provide analysis that truly addresses the underlying problem, ensuring solutions are implemented with the impact being tracked and results measured
- Gain experience in managing and explaining complex analysis to a variety of stakeholders
- Using a range of modelling and analytical techniques, supported by the appropriate software, either answer key business questions or deliver decision-making applications which ensure that decisions are made on a consistent and scientific basis
- Thrive in an environment where you can learn from senior colleagues with experience in a wide range of industries, as well as learn about new technologies
- As well as the varied exposure and experience you'll get during your rotations, you'll also be given the opportunity to continue your studies by studying part-time for your Data Science Master's Degree via an apprenticeship -fully funded by us
- You'll have the opportunity to express your interest in this during the recruitment process
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Analytical approach to solving problems and creating solutions
- Strategic thinker
- Natural drive to achieve both individual and business results with a commercial focus
- Brings innovative ideas and insights
- Engages and collaborates with others
- A focus on providing unrivalled service to our customers
- Hunger for learning, and a commitment to gaining your Data Science Masters Degree apprenticeship should you wish to complete this
A passion for analytics and science, as well as an interest in the travel industry.Desired qualifications
Minimum of GCSE grade 4 or C (or equivalent) in English and maths.Future prospects
Things to consider
- When you join our Analytics & Data Science Programme, you'll be joining TUI as a permanent colleague
- Join us now and you can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates