To work in a supported learning environment to develop the skills and knowledge which will enable completion of the Chartered Management Degree and develop you as an individual.
To provide support to the main functions of the business by completing a set departmental rotation and development plan in order to gain a complete understanding of the business.
You will be required to complete extra curricular activity outside of your normal work and education to enable completion of your development plan, examples include attending residential training and development weeks.
During the first twelve months of your apprenticeship you will complete a set departmental rotation in order to gain an initial understanding of all the business functions.
- To undertake a development programme to gain Chartered Management Degree as part of the apprenticeship scheme.
- To actively participate in their own development plan agreed with the L&D team, Mentors and Directors
- As directed, undertake a rotation plan to develop knowledge and practical skills in all areas of the business.
- To complete all prior agreed skills/tasks as outlined in the departments you rotate into.
- To undertake other duties as and when may be required, including Careers Fairs, Open Evenings, and Apprentice Interviews
- To achieve personal appraisal targets, as agreed with your Mentor on a quarterly basis
- To undertake training and constructively take part in meetings, supervision, seminars and other events designed to improve communication and assist with the effective development
Company Responsibilities - All employees throughout the business should observe the following areas of responsibility:
1. Performance Management
To ensure a personal understanding of the Performance Management System and its benefits and demonstrate a willingness to participate in its use, including accepting constructive feedback.
To take opportunities to learn about own performance and demonstrate the Stateside Foods behaviours:
- Being self motivated
- Being reliable
- Delivering business results
- Communicating effectively
- Aiming to continually innovate and improve
- Leading others
- Promoting teamwork
2. Health & Safety
To participate in the promotion of a safe working culture on Site, ensuring that safety of yourself and others on Site is maintained at all times by adhering to all health and safety systems as outlined in the Stateside Foods Health and Safety Policy.
- To ensure a safe standard of working in your work area
- To demonstrate safe working practices and behave in an appropriate manner at all times
- Ensuring that suitable and sufficient Personnel Protective Clothing is being worn correctly at all times and is relevant to the area you are working in.
- Be accountable for the reporting off all accident, incidents dangerous occurrences and near misses to your manager
- To achieve and improve upon departmental and individual health & safety objectives and KPI's.
3. Food Hygiene
Ensure all hygiene rules are followed at all times including
- Hand washing
- Jewellery and foreign body policies
- Reporting of specified illness
- Correct wearing of protective clothing
Ensure all Company procedures and work instructions are followed and report and take action on any breach which may compromise food safety including
- Control of Critical Control Points
- Control of Allergens
Commit to the Company's Quality system procedures and ensure they meet job specific and business needs (e.g. addressing non conformities, customer complaints etc.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Communication skills
- Relationship building
- IT skills including Microsoft Office suite and SAP
- Team working
- Caring for standards
- Self motivated
- Can do attitude
Prospective candidates will have Maths and English GCSE grade A-C or equivalent, and will require a minimum of 104-112 tariff points at A2 (BCC-BBC) or equivalent (such as DMM on BTEC Extended Diploma). ICT GCSE at grade A-C or equivalent is also desirable.Future prospects
You will have ongoing training and this is incorporated into your ApprenticeshipThings to consider
Potential Shift work of 2pm to 10pm or 10pm to 6am
Some manual lifting