This exciting role offers you the opportunity to develop and progress within the finance team of a best in class design and manufacturing company, whilst gaining a level 7 accounting apprenticeship and becoming a fully qualified Certified Chartered Accountant.
As our Trainee Management Accountant you will have 1 day per week dedicated to training, either attending tuition to prepare you for your ACCA exams or onsite learning about the business and gaining new skills.
As a key support to the UK Financial Controller you will gain exposure to all areas of the finance function. Generating reports but also developing your knowledge of what they represent and working with colleagues around the business to build understanding and support improvement initiatives.
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic and driven individual who is keen to develop their career and values the opportunity to progress long term in an internationally renowned, privately owned family company.
Main tasks will include:
- Sales & Margin Reporting
- Preparation of P&L for Guyson Malaysia Division
- Calculation and investigation of manufacturing variances
- Preparation of Monthly Cashflow Forecast
- Ownership of the Fixed Asset Register
- Assisting in the preparation of Management Accounts and Reports
- Inventory reporting & Provisions
- Supporting budgeting and audit activities
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- AAT qualified or Business/Finance Related Degree.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy, including solid Excel skills.
- Experience working in a finance function is desirable
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organisational skills
- Self-motivated with a drive to achieve results
- Strong attention to detail whilst delivering efficient and effective results
- Applicants must be AAT qualified or have a Business/Finance Related Degree
- Please do not apply if you do not have one of the above
Things to consider
- We are looking for someone who wants to develop a long-term career as a valued accountant and member of our finance team
The wage for this role will be £20,000 (or possibly more depending on level of experience).