You will assist with the delivery, on time and on budget, of software projects by helping the software team test various platforms to ensure smooth delivery of our ideas.
In time you'll become responsible for all aspects of testing on integrated systems by using both end to end and user acceptance testing, plus occasionally exploratory and automation testing too.
You will have a designated mentor, learn how to use our various software management tools and familiarise yourself with our current clients, services, and ongoing projects.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Analysing product specifications, software requirements specifications and software prototypes, identifying and defining the functional and non-functional testing required
- Produce high level test plans
- Providing impacts for the required testing
- Working with software team to plan and develop test cases
- Preparing test plans and detailed test scripts
- Specifying and creating test data
- Producing low level test plans
- Developing automated testing scripts where appropriate
- Maintainance of test plans and test scripts
- Executing and Supporting automated tests
- Providing timely feedback to the dev teams
- Analysing and documenting issues that are discovered during testing by creating defects
- Performing regression testing
- Verifying and Closing issues resolved during the testing cycle
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Good communication skills
- A strong ability to articulate your ideas in written form
- A logical approach to problem solving
- Previous job experience (not necessarily in the software / digital sector)
- Ready to embark on an exciting and challenging career
- Enthusiastic about the software & digital industry
- Self-motivated and organised
8 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent including English Language, Science and maths.Future prospects
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.Things to consider
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an expanding and modern business that recognises achievement and will invest time in your training and professional development. A competitive salary of between £14-18k, is offered along with 29.5 days holiday (including bank holidays), regular social & team building events, subsidised gym membership, free parking, pension scheme, childcare vouchers and other benefits.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates