Iceland is looking for an Apprentice Store Manager to learn, develop & apply the technical & behavioural skills required in order to successfully complete the apprenticeship programme to drive the performance of the store team to deliver business results and operation
** To be considered for this role you must have previous management experience, preferably within a retail setting. **
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with leadership and management experience to build a career with one of Britain's fastest growing, and most innovative retailers whilst working towards their Retail Management Level 4 Apprenticeship.
This is a 12-month apprenticeship and at the end of the programme you will move into an Iceland Store Manager position.
Salary - £26,000
Day to day duties:
- Conduct weekly analysis on store sales and operations to identify areas of focus
- Drive sales through all available channels and marketing in store
- Continuously improve customer service in store with defined actions to improve
- Adherence and correct implementation of processes, policies and procedures in store
- Ongoing cost control to deliver all financial targets & drive company initiatives
- Manages team performance effectively
- Actively drives store talent programmes and internal development into management roles
- Takes ownership of implementing business decisions and effectively communicates them to the team.
- Regularly checks that customers are happy, challenging performance where appropriate.
- Enables the team to work at their best by monitoring, coaching, providing feedback, problem solving and communicating with pace and urgency.
- Manages the team's performance and drives results by leading the team.
- Seeks and takes action on feedback from others to drive personal development and business performance.
- Knows how they affect others and leads from the front as a company role model
- Presents change in a positive manner, ensuring everyone in the team understands what is expected of them.
- Develops effective business networks to have influential relationships with managers, peers and customers.
- You will be placed in a successful Iceland Store to ensure you are supported sufficiently
- You will be fulfilling the "Senior Supervisor" role in the store but will be given the time to complete your apprenticeship during working hours
- You will report to the Store Manager during this time who will be overseeing and supporting your development
- Store Manager starting salaries will be from £30,000-£32,500 once the apprenticeship is complete (dependant on store complexity)
- Competitive Salary
- Staff Discount Card
- Childcare Scheme
- Iceland Spend & Save, discounts at thousands of the country's top retailers online
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Shares and encourages positivity in their team whilst knowing the reality of the current situation
- Drives pace and urgency in themselves and others
Iceland are looking for candidates who:
- Have the drive and ambition to lead and manage a busy and successful store
- Take pride in themselves, their team and Iceland
- Provides focus to deliver what is required for the customer and Iceland
** You must have previous management experience, preferably within a retail setting. **Future prospects
Ongoing Training and Development.Things to consider
The vacancy dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy will close early.