The nursery is located on a large green plot of land in the heart of Beech Green, just under half a mile from Sir Henry Floyd Grammar School / Aylesbury College and the Aylesbury Town Centre ring road, and just under a mile from Stoke Mandeville Hospital. Our setting is purpose built with large rooms with lots of natural light and specially created features. Our bright and airy rooms give our children lots of space to explore, play and learn.
A fantastic opportunity has become available at Beech Green Day Nursery. They are looking for an Apprentice Nursery Practitioner to join their setting, to fit well within their friendly team and learn skills on the job whilst supporting children’s play, learning & development.
Have you always wanted to work with children and truly make a difference in the lives of little people? If so, then please read on as we have a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring nursery nurse to join our team in Beech Green Day Nursery and enter into the world of early years education.
We would love you to join our team as we embark on accreditation to 'The Curiosity Approach', promoting awe and wonder in early childhood. This is a unique style of learning for children to be engaged in the joy of DOING rather than the end result.
Duties Will include
- Caring for children
- Preparing and maintaining environments to meet children's needs
- Supporting children's play and learning
- Supporting children's development
- Adhere to all safeguarding practices
- Preparing snacks and help with their feeding and cleaning
- Planning and supervising child initiated and adult led activities.
- Implementing the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Planning and providing effective teaching and learning in Early Years settings
- Making accurate and productive use of assessment in Early Years Settings
As an apprentice you will be included on a L3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard with Babcock Training. This will involve one to one training with a Regional Trainer who will meet with you on a regular basis.
Whilst on the apprenticeship you will be entitled to an NUS card https://www.apprenticeextra.co.uk/
What will be involved in your apprenticeship:
- To undertake a developmental programme leading to an Early Years Qualification as part of an apprenticeship which is achieved within the given timescale
- To actively participate in your own development plan working through the qualification with the qualification provider and with the nursery setting too
- To keep your mentor informed of your progress and to raise any concerns or issues
- Monthly meeting with a Regional Trainer from Babcock in your workplace to complete your qualification
If you are excited by this opportunity please contact us today!
• A competitive training salary
• Ongoing personal and professional development
• 1 Week shut down at Christmas
• A great and friendly place to work
• The support of a very experienced team and Nursery Manager
This vacancy is for a permanent position, you will be offered fulltime employment upon the successful completion of the apprenticeship programme.
• Nursery work experience is preferable
• Good Communication
• Ability to use computer
• The ability to work as part of a team
• Must be able to follow instructions from the room leader
GCSE Maths & English A-C/ 4-9 or equivalent is preferred but not essential
• Holds a passion for education and educating our children
• Believes in shaping a future for not only the children but themselves
• Is articulate & friendly
• Able to commit to the full apprenticeship programme
• Holds a passion for learning about Childcare and reliable to boot
Things to consider
You will be working 40 hours with the earliest start being 7.30am and latest finish time 6pm
This vacancy may close earlier than the dates advertised if sufficient applications are received so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
There are good public transport links to the employer but please consider your own journey times and routes prior to applying.