Ferny Crofts is a 31 acre Scout Activity Centre in the heart of the New Forest National Park. With a stunning location, Ferny Crofts boasts a whole host of outdoor activities, camping for 500 people, and a variety of indoor accommodation.
Ferny Crofts Scout Activity Centre currently has an exciting opportunity for a 12 month Apprenticeship in Activity Leadership (Level 3 Apprenticeship in Outdoor Activity Instructor). You will be trained to assist / deliver a wide range of outdoor and adventure activities as well as learning about the general day-to-day running of a busy outdoor activity centre.
Ferny Crofts Activity Centre delivers a various activities including; Climbing, Raft Building, High Ropes, Archery, Mountain Biking, Bushcraft, Team Building activities, Tomahawk Throwing, Abseiling and many more!
This post will also require the candidates to work in an assistant capacity across the site to obtain an all-round knowledge of centre-based work. All staff are expected to do their share of cleaning and other maintenance work as part of the role. Training is given in all areas as part of the position.
While working at Ferny Crofts you will be trained in the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Outdoor Activity instructor Standard
- Functional Skills in Maths & English if required
- ITC Level 3 in Outdoor First Aid
- A range of NGB awards including: A wide range for qualifications with national governing bodies will be offered to the successful applicants as well as lots of in house training. This will allow the applicants to become well qualified in the outdoor industry and help the applicant progress their career. The qualifications on offer are:- Archery GB instructor, NRSA YPS Tutor (Rifle Shooting Instructor), Climbing Wall Instructor (indoor rock Climbing Instructor), Lowland walking leader award, ITC Level 3 Learning Outside the Classroom, Safeguarding, British Values, Equality & Diversity, Prevent, Staying Safe, COSHH, Manual Handling, Food Hygiene, Fire Safety.
Day to Day Duties:
- Assisting with activities
- Assisting with the cleaning and maintenance of equipment
- Liaising with customers and other members of staff
About the Candidate Skills Required
Desirable – some experience in outdoor activities.
Essential – a passion for personal development through outdoor activities.
Desirable – 5 GCSEs A*- C / 4-9
Essential – Have completed or be working towards Level 2 in English & Maths
Outgoing, approachable, well presented, friendly, committed, enthusiastic, independent, fit and keen to learn. A positive drive to develop your personal skills in adventurous activities is essential.
- Advanced qualifications
- Full Time instructor role
- Links with other outdoor providers, centres and clubs.
Essential Details: Hourly rate: Apprentice National Minimum Wage Food & Accommodation is available on site as part of this opportunity.
Working Hours: 30 hours a week – annualised (can include weekends and weekly hours will vary) Hours will vary and be higher in the busiest parts of the summer season.
Closing Date: Tuesday 21st December 2021 at 10am
Interview Date: 6th January 2022
Potential Start Date: 24th January 2022