Acquired by Dow in April 2007, the Birch Vale site is home to the Dow Polyurethanes Customer & Technical Service Centre; with over 40 years’ experience in the development of polyurethane systems, products and solutions for customers worldwide. Alongside this, Birch Vale offers technical development capabilities for Dow Oil and Gas businesses. In October 2020 our Birch Vale site will be relocating together with colleagues to Manchester to a newly built Head Office at Cheadle Business Park.
Apprentice Wage starting at £6 per hour this may be increased dependant on experience.
Dow has an exciting opportunity for Business Admin Apprentice to be located at Manchester, UK.
Position Description & requirements
This is a Business Administration level 3 apprenticeship performed in conjunction with our apprenticeship scheme provider. We are looking for exceptional individuals with ability, drive, ambition and a keen interest in a Business Administration apprenticeship program, working at our new Headquarters in Manchester and our Partnering College. We can offer you the opportunity to make a difference within our company and will support you along the way, to help you to unlock your full career potential.
Responsibilities ( training will be provided)
▪ Work closely with the Receptionist and to provide reception cover when required.
▪ Learn how to organise staff and customer events.
▪ Provide support to Site Leader for the relocation and settlement to HQ premises.
▪ Support administration and maintenance for Electronic Document Management System (WebEDMS), Document Management System (DMS), Operating Discipline Management System (ODMS) and Management of Change Process (MOC).
▪ Support administration of the project management system.
▪ Learn about Dow Employee Resource Groups (ERG’s) and provide admin support.
▪ Learn about Dow Procurement methodology.
▪ Provide administrative support to employees at Head Office.
▪ Co-ordinate calendars, meeting arrangements for colleagues and customers visiting Manchester and travel arrangements, as requested if required.
▪ Booking off site meeting rooms and arranging off-site catering etc. from local suppliers
▪ Participate as an active discipline team member. Working both independently and in cooperation with other team members to complete projects and assignments in a timely manner.
▪ Responsible for processing and maintaining up-to-date personnel information for new hires and those exiting the plant. (E.g. distribution lists, file servers, file shares).
▪ Ad hoc supplies ordering – stationary / office / PC equipment.
▪ Flexibility – must be willing to “help the team win”
On our 18-month Apprenticeship programme, you'll get to study towards a formal qualification and work alongside world-class professionals, all while making a real contribution to the business. It's a great way to earn, learn and grow in confidence as part of a supportive team. And it provides you with the perfect platform to go on to even bigger challenges. You also could secure full time employment following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
➢ Ability to work independently and within a team framework.
➢ Enthusiasm, curious and passionate, demonstrated through personal projects and commitment to learning new skills.
➢ Effective communication and organizational skills, pro-active, self-motivated, positive attitude, and excellent customer service capabilities
➢ Excellent problem-solving capabilities.
➢ Comply with company Health and Safety Policies and legislation and taking personal accountability for employing safe working practices to minimise risk to self and work colleagues.
• 5 GCSE’s at grade C/ Lever 4 or above, including Maths, English and Science.
• Have the right to work in the United Kingdom.
• Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
• No prior work experience is required
Things to consider
Must have eligibility to work in the UK and speak a good level of English language.
Whilst on an apprenticeship an apprentice is entitled to an NUS card https://www.apprenticeextra.co.uk/
Please note you could be asked to interview earlier than date given, as we are looking to fulfil the position as soon as possible. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment!