Hardwicke Hall Manor Hotel is a small country house hotel with 3 restaurants and a function room for up to 120 guests. We serve breakfasts, lunches, afternoon teas & evening meals on a daily basis. We specialise in small weddings and events. Rural location and not on a bus route.
This is an exciting opportunity to work as an Apprentice Commis Chef at Hardwicke Hall Manor Hotel.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Apprentice Commis Chef to join our team. The successful candidate should be ambitious and keen to learn. You will receive extensive training and guidance from our experienced head chef.
We have an ambitious team and are looking for someone who is hard working and wants to develop themselves. We have an excellent reputation for producing top quality dishes.
- Prepare, cook and present food to company specification.
- Keep kitchen clean, tidy and hygienic at all times.
- Work safely around kitchen equipment, monitor, and deal with any maintenance issues.
- Keep up to date with new products & menus.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures and licensing laws.
- Participate and contribute at all team meetings.
- To learn and understand how to carry out basic functions in every section of the kitchen providing the opportunity to experience, consider and value each section with a view to choosing an area where you feel most inspired.
- You will also be required to keep up to date with all Apprenticeship work, and to have regular meetings (every 4-6 weeks) with the Regional Trainer to discuss your work.
As an Apprentice you will be included on a Commis Chef Apprenticeship. Your qualification will be delivered by Babcock Training who will support your learning and development throughout your Apprenticeship. This will involve a Regional Trainer giving one to one training on a 4-6 weekly basis and guide you through your Apprenticeship.
This vacancy could be a permanent job for the right candidate on completion of the Apprenticeship.
•Passion for food
•Excellent Time keeping
•Ability to use initiative, eager to learn
•Good standard of personal hygiene
•Working well within a small team
Things to consider
You must ensure you have suitable travel arrangements in place to get to the place of work in a timely manner. Due to working unsociable hours, you need to be able to ensure you can get home at the end of your shift. This vacancy may close before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found. All published dates can therefore be flexible and will be dependent on suitable candidates coming forward and registering appropriate interest.