A family run pub since 1989 & situated on the beautiful Norfolk Broads in the village of Ludham.
Our restaurant serves fantastic food all year round, with food & bar snacks available in the main bar area. And of course our famous carvery is available.
A great opportunity has become available at the Kings Arms in Ludham, Great Yarmouth.
This exciting opportunity will involve general kitchen preparation duties & assisting the chefs during service. Successful candidates will gain experience in all areas of a professional kitchen where all dishes are prepared from scratch.
- Preparing ingredients
- Learn meals as shown to you by the chef
- Adhering to the restaurant menu
- Following food health and safety procedures.
- Cleaning, General Kitchen Assistance
- Assist other chefs and staff
- Deliver food in a fast-paced environment.
As an Apprentice you will be included on a Level 2 Commis Chef Qualification. Your qualification will be delivered by an Award Winning Training Provider who will support your learning and development throughout your Apprenticeship. This will involve a Regional Trainer coming to visit you in the workplace on a regular basis to deliver the training and guide you through your Apprenticeship
As an apprentice you can also apply for an NUS card!
Please see link below with further information
NUS Apprentice extra
There is a full time opportunity for the right candidate on completion of the apprenticeship for the right candidate.
• Able to understand and follow instructions
• Able to keep calm when working under pressure
• Attention to detail and good presentation skills
• Hardworking and ‘can-do’ attitude
• A good level of English reading and Writing
• Must be able to work as part of a team
• Organisational skills
• Enthusiastic and have a keen interest in food and the hospitality industry
• Hygienic and Tidy Appearance
Things to consider
Hours may increase some weeks to suit the needs of the business
Kitchen's can be a very busy, hot and loud environment. You will need the ability to re create tasks as shown to you with a high level of accuracy, and you must remain calm under pressure