About the apprenticeship
● Create a weekly social media posting calendar for our social media platforms based on the provided strategy.
● Create original graphics (on brand) in Canva for social media posts which are in line with our brand standards and current promotions
● Manage multiple social media accounts, including Facebook, Instagram and Linkedin
● Manage the distribution of content across all channels
● Loading approved social content into SocialBee and schedule accordingly
● Maintain and organise social media content library in Asana
● Communicate promptly with followers, respond in a timely manner, and monitor all reviews
● Interact with our communities and followers
● Reviewing social media analytics (Facebook Insights, Google Analytics, Instagram & YouTube)
● Analyse and report on audience information and demographics, and success of existing social media projects
● Propose new ideas and concepts for social media content
● Review all content quarterly and update/refresh as needed
● Respond to enquiries and build relationships and sales
● Work with and maximise use of our current library of content
● Carry out instagram hashtag research
Are you a social butterfly that is passionate about building online communities? Do you have a desire to support business growth through social media? Do you have creative ideas for ways to engage followers, craft interactive messaging, and have an eye for visual storytelling? Are you an advocate for helping women entrepreneurs? Then this Social Media Apprentice role could be for you!
We are seeking an apprentice to help maintain our social media presence across all platforms. This is an opportunity to be part of a mission driven, global business committed to serving women entrepreneurs worldwide, to unlock hidden potential and wholeness. Natasha is in a rapid growth phase and needs expert support to help continue and accelerate our growth. You will be working alongside the Marketing Manager to create and schedule engaging content, communicate with potential clients and support the growth of Natasha Bray and the School of Healing Mastery.
Natasha has high expectations of herself and those who work with her. Tasks and projects must be completed with a high level of excellence, efficiency, confidentiality, accuracy, flexibility, and positivity in order to support Natasha's work.
● Resourceful and reflective for problem solving
● Self-starter and assertive
● Excellent communication and collaboration skills
● Coachable, receive feedback with ease
● Excellent attention to detail
● Good time-management skills
● Can handle tight deadlines
● Ability to multitask and work flexibly to needs of the business
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills
● Works well with other people and can build rapport quickly with both team members and contractors
● Flexibility is key
● Technically capable, excellent communicator, and a desire to improve processes
● Ability to use initiative and manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment
● Ability to travel to Bridgend, South Wales, on a minimum weekly basis for in person meetings and training
● Willing to learn and implement things quickly
● A “go-getter” who's ready to hit the ground running
● Someone who works well in fast paced environments with changing priorities
● A team player who values effective communication and efficient collaboration
● Highly motivated and keen to use your initiative
● Fluent in written and spoken English
● Willing to work closely with Natasha's existing team
● Details orientated. Occasional mistakes happen but 95% of the time things have to be right. This is the same standard Natasha sets for herself & the rest of her team.
● A good communicator who provides honest feedback including "negative" feedback if needed. We dont want/need a "yes" person
● Be flexible and occasionally available on evenings and weekends when needed
● Sometimes do things with short notice (within reason)
● You're committed to the businesses you work for, are hardworking, and are flexible in a fast-paced global-business environment where priorities can change quickly.
For the purposes of the Level 3 Social Media qualification, you will need to have:
● Level 2 Application of Number or GCSE Maths at C grade or above
● Level 2 Literacy or GCSE English at C grade or above
If you do not have these qualifications already, you will complete Level 2 Application of Number and Level 2 Literacy as part of your apprenticeship
Welsh Spoken Skills: No Welsh Written Skills: No
Social Media Level 3
About the employer
Natasha Bray Parc Derwen
Yes, we are part of the Disability Confident Scheme from the UK Department for Work and Pensions.
Please note that all apprenticeships are open to everyone. However, some organisations have worked to achieve Disability Confident accreditation. You should always apply for the apprenticeship you feel best suited to.
The successful candidate will be notified of interview as appropriate.