Graduate Financial Services Software Developer 2021
Locations : London, Glasgow, Manchester and Liverpool
Intakes: February and March 2022
Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini’s financial services specialists provide a complete range of technology services to help our clients capture sustainable business results. Our Financial Services Strategic Business Unit (FS SBU) is a global organisation that focuses on key financial services domains: banking, capital markets, insurance, cards & payments, wealth and asset management, and risk management & compliance.
The Focus of Your Role
As a Graduate Software Developer, you will gain exposure across all systems as well as the full software development lifecycle. There are many technical challenges and interesting projects to get involved with including design and development of new features and enhancements. You’ll be working with a modern tech stack including Java, .Net, React, Angular DevOps etc you might not have experience with but will have the aptitude and desire to learn and progress your career in software development; you’ll be fully supported to reach your full potential through training and mentoring programmes.
In this role, you’ll be part of our Technology practice, use computer systems to investigate and analyse business problems and then design information systems that provide a feasible solution, typically in response to requests from business or a customer in order to improve business efficiency and productivity, including participation in multi-country Software program implementation of leading Insurers and banks.
What you’ll do
- Help to reshape our clients’ core products, working on green- and brownfield solutions using the latest technologies.
- Build new software with latest technologies to replace existing vendor software that are currently used in Financial services, which will involve requirement gathering, designing, and lot of coding.
- Build new software/change the existing software to scale the application to meet the business growth and also reduce the operational cost.
- Play a large role in the product lifecycle, contributing to design, development & delivery through our automated deployment pipelines.
- Build easy-to-consume services for consumption by a number of other product teams and systems.
What you’ll bring
- Have a basic understanding of any of the following technologies: Python, Linux, C#, .Net, Java, Angular, Microservices which might have been acquired as part of your degree course or through a placement year in industry.
- Have a good understanding of databases and SDLC
- You’re a problem solver keen to learn and progress your career as a Software Developer
- Genuine passion for technology
- Enthusiasm, aptitude, and willingness to learn tonnes of new skills and new technologies, from day one
- A positive attitude and a growth mindset.
- A great communicator, with a passion for helping and working with others
- Previous work experience is not necessary but may be advantageous.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.