The Focus of Your Role
As a Graduate Software Developer, you will gain exposure across all systems as well as the full software development lifecycle. There are many technical challenges and interesting projects to get involved with including design and development of new features and enhancements. You’ll be working with a modern tech stack including:
Java, .Net, React, Angular DevOps, Unix, Linux, SQL, Oracle DBs, Pentaho Data Integration (PDI), some SAS, Pentaho Business Analytics (PBA), Business Objects, Microservices, Blue Prism, PowerApps/Platform, Jira, Azure/AWS DevOps, UI Path.
From your first meeting with a client through to the finished product, you will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining cutting-edge applications and the environments they will function in.
What you’ll bring
• A bachelor’s degree, relevant and practical IT experience, as well as a passion for software. A basic knowledge of the tools and languages used to write code would be beneficial.
• Outstanding communication skills – our clients need to feel confident that you understand their requirements.
• The ability to convey complex coding concepts in jargon-free language to a non-technical audience.
• You’re a problem solver keen to learn and progress your career as a Software Developer
• Genuine passion for technology
• Enthusiasm, aptitude, and willingness to learn tonnes of new skills and new technologies, from day one
• A positive attitude and a growth mindset.
• You might not have experience with but will have the aptitude and desire to learn and progress your career in software development; you’ll be fully supported to reach your full potential through training and mentoring programmes.
What you’ll do
• You will support live systems and applications, implementing bug fixes and exploring improvements through code changes.
• You will take responsibility for components of a much larger system, writing code to complement that which is being developed by colleagues. Help to reshape our clients’ core products, and solutions using the latest technologies.
• Build new software with latest technologies which will involve requirement gathering, designing, and lot of coding.
• Build new software/change the existing software to scale the application to meet the business growth and reduce the operational cost.
• Play a large role in the product lifecycle, contributing to design, development & delivery through our automated deployment pipelines.
Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 310,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, driven by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
What we’ll offer you
• With more than 310,000 people in over 50 countries, we still have big ambitions – and we’ll rely on you to help us achieve them
• With us, you will have responsibility from day one. Work alongside and network with experts to gain industry insights and develop your business knowledge. Thrive in a fast-paced, intensely collaborative environment. You’ll have time to develop, be involved, be stretched and, just as importantly, be trusted
• Professional development and a worthwhile experience with technology and opportunity to work with and learn industry standard technology.
• It’s all part of our commitment to hiring the best people and enabling them to achieve their full potential with us, regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
• To be part of a 360 strong Graduate, Apprentice & Placement community that are supportive and to be part of local social events, giving you access to the MU’s large graduate community
• Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability: we’ll give you multiple opportunities to get involved with the extra activities we call ‘Giving Back’, which means you’ll be involved with fun and charitable events, from the Palace to Palace cycle ride, careers fairs, football tournaments, and much more.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we know that one solution doesn’t fit all. We appreciate that outstanding technical solutions become even more outstanding when innovation is applied to a thought-process, we know that the secret to any successful organisation lies not just in the quality of work that it is producing, but in the people, who are behind this work. It is precisely this that makes Capgemini such a force to be reckoned with. Committed to applying ground-breaking technical approaches to organisations across a myriad of industries around the globe, we help our clients become more agile, competitive and successful.
Working collaboratively, our multidisciplinary people work in partnership with one another to help their clients achieve their goals. And with over 310,000 people and nearly 130 nationalities under our wing, plus an inclusive and diverse community where everyone is welcome, we nurture a team ethos that ensures we are truly representative of the colourful clients that we support.
This inclusive spirit extends to ensuring every member of our organisation is finding the ideal work/life balance. Whether that means part-time work, flexible hours or a condensed week, we will find the right working approach if you are the right person for the job. Empowering our people to discover what they are truly capable of; at Capgemini we will give you all the support you need to shape the future and bring your ideas to life.
Some of our roles may require security clearance. To meet security clearance requirements, you will need to have lived in the UK for the past five years. If you have spent more than 3 months outside the UK in that period, we will unfortunately not be able to consider you for the role. At Capgemini, academics form part of our overall hiring decision but we don’t screen out purely on the basis of academic performance. We will assess your suitability for a role using a number of tools including strengths and critical reasoning assessments, video assessment and assessment centres.