During your apprenticeship, you will work supporting our Business technology team in a number of activities include, but not limited:
- Supporting the analysis and design of a customer facing BTS solution
- Helping to configure a BTS solution to ensure it meets the customers requirement. This covers BTS solutions such as Transport Management Systems, Warehouse Management Systems, System integration products, Yard Management Systems.
- Testing BTS solutions to ensure they work as required and meeting the operational requirements
- Working on site as part of a project team to support the implementation of a new BTS solution into the operation
- Working with the service management team to ensure support calls are answered and our operations keep running effectively
- Helping our Security and Risk team ensure that our applications and services and secure
- Developing your knowledge of our technical IT components such as Data centres, servers and connectivity infrastructure.
- Provide out of hours support during the go-live phase of a project, as required as part of your programme rotation
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Problem solver
- Good communicator
- Driving license preferred as travelling is key / but not essential
- Team worker
- Passion for learning
A Level 3 qualification in a relevant area in any grade. Acceptable qualifications include:
- A-levels in one or more similar subject
- Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
- International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in a similar subject
- BTEC Extended Diploma in a similar subject
- A Work experience route (2-3 years) in a similar subject-related role
Note: "Similar subject" relates to areas directly relevant to or commensurate with "Digital and Technology Solutions"
As to what constitutes a 'similar subject' this would therefore typically be areas such as but not limited to Level 3 digital apprenticeships, A-Level/BTEC Computer Science, Information Technology, Networking, Software Engineering, etc.
Note: Learners must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level than this apprenticeship in a similar subject.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
Things to consider
- 92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship
- Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks
- QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education
- To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years