Through this role you will:
- Work closely with Consultants, Contractors and Developers in all aspects of delivering projects
- Participate in the analysis, preparation, and management of all costs, from initial cost assessments through to project completion
- Work towards a programme, within budget, and with a focus on quality and customers.
- Selection and management of suppliers and sub-contractors
- Developing a good understanding of the knowledge, skills, and experience as a construction professional
- Become an expert in contracts, financial management and contract law
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Strong Mathematical skills
- Good IT Skills
- Good Analytical Skills
- Comfortable working in a team
- Able to work independently
- Organised and self-motivated
- BBC at A-Level preferably in Maths or Technical Subjectsor;
- BTEC National Diplomaor;
- Access to HE qualifications with 24 Distinctions 21 Meritsor;
- Equivalent level 3 qualifications worth 128 UCAS points.
- Must hold five GCSEs, or equivalents,at grade 9-4 (A*-C) to include English and Maths
For those holding a Level 4 qualification with specific grades, it may be possible to 'fast track' onto Level 5 of the course and 'top up' your existing qualification to a full degree:
- BTEC HNC/HND in a Quantity Surveying/Building related subject
- Foundation Degree (FdSc) in Quantity Surveying/Building related subject
- Construction Surveying Technician Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship or;
Cognate Level 4 qualification in Construction and Built EnvironmentFuture prospects
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Things to consider
- Become a fully qualified Quantity Surveyor, Commercial Manager
- Extend your qualifications by taking on further postgraduate study
Desirable knowledge/interest in design & construction of large-scale infrastructure programmes. Previous knowledge of coordinating and managing activities and interactions with multiple group or stakeholders. Willingness and ability to travel to and remain at offices or jobsites located across the U.K. UK driving license preferred.