Are you looking to develop a career in the professional side of the construction sector in building services, specialising in heating, ventilation and air conditioning? If you have already completed a level 3construction course or want to embark upon a rewarding career in construction and are looking to take the next step to become aqualified Building Services CAD Technician by working towards your level 4 BTEC in Building Services Engineering and becoming a CAD/REVIT expert, then this role is definitely for you!
Blue Thorn Technology, a hugely successful Building Services BIM Company based in Birmingham, are looking for an Advanced Building Services Apprentice to work with their professional, friendly team. Upon joining Blue Thorn, you will become part of their established team that have built up a reliable reputation within the industry. This role requires a candidate with LOTS of personal drive and ambition. It is a challenging yet highly rewarding role working with professional teams on a number of exciting high profile retail, commercial and industrial projects nationwide! Some of the projects you can expect to work on include luxury apartments, office buildings, data centres, hospitals, universities and many more.
The team is dynamic and passionate about the work they do, and are looking for someone who can come in, roll their sleeves up and really get stuck in! You will be assisting the team in the completion of projects. You will be developing your CAD/REVIT knowledge on a daily basisand learning about all the building services, both in the workplace and at college. The long-term view is that you will eventually start to run various projects from start to finish. You must possess drive, ambition and enthusiasm for this role. You will deal with customers face to face and on the telephone, so you must possess good customer service skills and be professional at all times.
You will be joining a company that takes staff development really seriously - most of the experienced senior members of staff came through the ranks as trainees, not apprentices, so this is a rare opportunity.
- Neatly marking up CAD drawings
- Producing builders work drawings
- Rebadging drawings
- Working on as-fitted drawings paper space from engineer's mark ups
- Modelling as-fitted drawings
- Working on drawings using correct blocks, text sizes and layers
- Creating blocks
- Learning the technical aspects of the building services
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Excellent communication skills as you will be liaising with internal contractors and external organisations (customers in the main)
- Good organisation skills
- Strong IT skills
- Good technical ability, able to problem solve
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
- A genuine interest and commitment in this exciting, dynamic industry
- Well-mannered and professional
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at C (4)or above in maths &English or Functional Skills Level 2 in both maths & English
- Any A-Levels or Level 3 qualifications
This is a varied rolewhich will see you working in a busy, friendly team, which, for the right person, will lead to a permanent career opportunity.