Orderly is looking for a cyber security apprentice tojoin our service delivery team. The role will involve a mixture of applying for, maintaining and ensuring compliance with our security standards, as well as working with the CTO to ensure that cloud infrastructure is properly secured and monitored appropriately for threats.
The role is fully remote, it is therefore key that the successful candidate is a self-starter and can manage their own time. There is the option to visit our hub in Derby.
Your Duties and Responsibilities in this Role Will Consist of:
The successful candidates will operate from the service delivery team and will assist with a wide range of activities including some of the following:
- Applying for new security standards such as Cyber Essentials
- Ensuring any breaches or non-compliance with existing standards are logged
- The creation and implementation of security policies
- Ensuring cloud infrastructure is secured, monitored and compliant
- Planning for incident and cyber-attack responses
- Supporting third parties in system penetration testing
- Researching and applying new security controls
- Investigating any potential hardware threats
- Reviewing security monitoring and logging software
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
The successful candidate could:
- Have experience working within an IT helpdesk team
- Have exposure to the supply chain sector
- Excellent communication & teamwork skills
- Enjoy working with others and be a "people person"
- Excellent time management skills and ability to accomplish tasks independently
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and maths)
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.Things to consider
- This role is fully remote
- Perks that come into play after 12 months, such as an electric car scheme