Since 1992, ISS has specialised in helping small and medium-size business master their IT in the South East of England. From our purpose-built premises in Cranleigh, you can call on our helpdesk engineers to solve any IT problems you may have and if we can’t fix it over the phone, our knights in shining white vans can come to your premises.
Whether a seasoned IT professional or a total novice, we can help guide you through the minefield of new technology, advising on kit that actually makes a difference to your business
The role will involve being the first point of contact for clients, making sure tickets get raised via our portal, managing the renewal of licenses, renewal and generating new certificates, monitoring and fixing backups, workbench repairs, learning third party systems, creating new users, resetting accounts, applying new software, administering cloud and on-premises server environments and lots more.
Primary duties include:
- Provide remote 1st line technical support to our clients
- Use our ticketing system effectively to ensure tickets are kept up to date and clients are informed of progress
- Diagnose and resolve software and hardware issues, including operating systems (Windows and Mac) and across a wide range of software applications.
- Escalating complex support issues as required
- Document processes and technical information as required
- Action monitoring alerts from companies internal systems
- Pre-configure IT Hardware
Required qualities, skills, and experiences:
- A genuine passion for IT
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Customer-focused with exceptional customer service skills
- Willing to go the extra mile to deliver outstanding support
- Confident in asking questions to gain the knowledge required to perform the role
- Calm and professional manner
- Self-motivated and dedicated to completing the apprenticeship
- Due to semi-rural location (no public transport) must have own vehicle
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications. Find out more here.
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
37.5hrs per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
You will be paid £230.77 per week whilst in your apprenticeship.
Benefits of the role:
This is an ideal opportunity to earn several industry-recognised qualifications and kick start your career in IT.
On completion of the Apprenticeship, the individual could secure a full-time position as a first or second line engineer.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.